Faces!
(click the slideshow to view the full album)Nathanael is looking forward to meeting Uncle Michael on Sunday. He can't wait to face the music! And after that, he's looking forward to his first calendar Thanksgiving with family in Saginaw - and on his two-month day too!
Some of you may have thought I was taking liberty in an earlier post when I said the closest Nathan's come to saying Mom or Dad was, "ha ha." However, as you can hear below, it really is something he likes to say from time to time:
I found myself muttering on my way to work Tuesday because I realized I'd let the garden hoses go into deep freeze. What if the sillcocks burst, or the hoses? Are my new nozzles ruined? This is the same mistake my father makes every year!! Then I thought - what if Nate were a little older and in the back seat. How big a deal would I want him to see me make of this? How much fretting/concern would be good to model for him, and when is it overboard? It's the same as when I used to leave my baseball glove out in the rain. Mom and Dad wanted me to be sorry, but not devastated. The kid hasn't uttered an English word yet, but he's got me thinking!
2 comments:
I have seen three different names for your baby. I don't know what to call him, but I love the picture that he knows something that his mom and dad don't know.
GREAT AUNT MARY
i remember doing the same thing when i was pregnant with emma...thinking of all the things i was going to have to change about myself before she was born. :) dumb things...but things that made me think. :)
Post a Comment